Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

BITES | APPLE MUFFINS



After lazily laying on my couch for oh, about four days straight (I was sick guys... for part of that time), I finally got off my butt and made food yesterday. As you may have noticed from my resolutions, I really want to improve my cooking skills and eat healthier. I'm trying to avoid sugar, processed foods and that gluten stuff that everybody seems to be so up in arms about. So I thought I'd try a recipe from "Practical Paleo" by Diane Sanfilippo. The Apple Streusel Egg Muffins caught my eye right away since I love baked goods, but obviously they encompass all that is evil in the world (tasty, tasty evil). 

These things were pretty damn simple, and the sautéed cinnamon apples in them were delicious. The texture is a little spongey and leaves something to be desired, but with a hot cup of french press and a little bit of butter, they'll do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment