Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

CHARMING NOISE | LATELY

These days, with all of the bone chillingly cold, gloomy weather going on, my musical mood swings range from wallowing in the misery of winter with The Smiths and The Cure, to attempting to coax summer to come super early with fun, light, sunny songs. These songs fit into the latter category, and I can't get enough of them. 


You may have heard of the Chromatics from their contribution to the soundtrack of the gloriously gory movie "Drive." They've gotten a lot of buzz lately, and believe me, it's well deserved. Their latest album is pretty killer, especially if you're fond of dreamy, '80s electronics (of course you are, why wouldn't you be?)


I never thought that I would say this, but Solange is awesome. I've always really admired her bold style, especially since I don't have the balls to wear all of those fantastic brights that she is constantly rocking. But her new album is so fantastic. It's everything a pop album should be: fun and catchy as hell. Plus I love that this video is pretty much a live action fashion shoot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment