Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

WHY DON'T I LIVE HERE? | LUKE FENECH AND OLIVER CHAPMAN





I don't have the most "feminine" style when it comes to home decor. Florals, bright colors... meh. I think that they look lovely in other spaces, but aren't quite what i'm looking for when it comes to my own home. I love the clean, simple, masculine look of mid-century modern, craftsman, and modern japanese design styles. Most importantly, I like things to look clean and simple, but not sterile and uncomfortable. I think that this space in England that was featured on Design Sponge recently really epitomizes my design sense. Unsurprisingly, two men live here, and they're British, which is probably part of the reason why I like it so damn much. I love rich woods, and this place if full of them. A smattering of plants and original art brings a lot of warmth to this place, and, needless to say, I just want to burrow into this place, or at the very least, visit and steal that console/shelf system from the last picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment