Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

WEEKENDING | THANKSGIVING EDITION

                                   




sunset / beets / mashed potato prep / bloody beet / dinner

There I was thinking that I could easily (easily) make a simple Thanksgiving dinner on my own this year. It was my first without my family and I was pretty confident. I had this. But then I didn't. And that's okay. It's okay to fail (this is the after school special segment of this blog post). I constantly have aspirations of what I would like to be: an excellent writer, a first-rate cook, a master of literature, a pop culture aficionado, a health nut... you get the point. But here's the thing about me: unless I am thrown head first into something, I am so incredibly lazy that it's almost astounding, shocking even. I have a hard time making things happen unless somebody is pushing me. I excel when I'm given a task, I go above and beyond when I have a job to do, but I have a hard time forcing myself to do things on my own. I guess this post could kind of be considered an early (but not less cliche) version of a New Year's Resolutions post, but I had to get it off my chest. Here's to trying to be everything that we know we're capable of and to not being afraid of failing.

In other words, expect more posts of me trying to do things, and maybe even succeeding at them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment