Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

CHARMING NOISE | The Beautiful Strangeness of Women

So far, for me, 2019 has meant the release of new songs from a couple of wonderfully weird women.


I will admit that it wasn't until yesterday that I had even heard the name "Aldous Harding." And if I had heard the name out of the context of this video, I probably would have assumed that he was old, British, and a moral philosopher. Luckily, she is none of those things. After seeing this video for "The Barrel," I went back and listened to her 2017 album "Party," and was delighted to confirm that she is just my brand of off kilter. This video of her new single is proof perfect of her genius.


Weyes Blood is also back with a new song and a new album announcement (and a visual ode to campy '70s horror movies to boot!). The track is yet another example of how she can somehow make a sunny psychedelic tune sound both joyful and foreboding. Perfection.

To much more weird, wonderful women in 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment