Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

CHARMING NOISE | MORE NEW MUSIC NEWS

I don't seem to be inspired to write about much other than new music lately. Luckily the music Gods have been kind to us so far this year.

   

I love this Pee-Wee's Playhouse-inspired video from Tune-Yards, who are going to be at (the recently announced) Austin City Limits Music Festival this year! I saw her at Fun Fun Fun Fest a few years ago, and she was great. She's definitely one of the most unique sounds in music right now.


I posted a preview last week of a clip of a new song from Robyn and Röyksopp, and there are now two full songs being streamed on Pop On and On. It's all the electronic-dancey goodness that I wanted it to be.


As previously mentioned, the Austin City Limits Music Festival lineup was announced yesterday! Upon first look, it was a bit of a letdown. I mean, I don't care about Eminem, I just don't, and while I like Outkast, there's no way that I would ever deal with that crowd to see them. But the further down that I got on the list, the better I felt. The Replacements, Spoon, Interpol, Chvrches, St. Vincent, Phantogram, Jenny Lewis, Real Estate, Tune-Yards, Jagwar Ma, Mac Demarco, and Poliça. Not too shabby at all. Plus, smaller bands mean smaller crowds. Always a plus at a ridiculously hot and crowded festival. Much excitement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment