Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

TWENTY//FOURTEEN//


//image from my iPhone//

I've been putting off writing this post because I'm not really sure what to say. 2013 was a pretty weird year, full of huge, wonderful steps forward, and quite a few back. I was hoping to get that magical feeling of somebody pushing "reset" when I woke up in 2014, but somehow things didn't miraculously come into focus overnight. 

I guess that the best that I can say is that I hope in 2014 I take more steps forward than I do backward. I hope that I learn some new things about myself. I hope I eat lots of good food and maybe even eat a little healthier. I hope that I manage to get off of my butt occasionally to be active. I hope to read a lot of good books.  I hope to make more friends. I hope to travel. I hope to drink a lot of good coffee. More than anything, I just want to be good to myself, doing whatever that may encompass. I'd like my resolutions not to be about me beating myself up over what I believe to be my own inadequacies, but more about me taking care of myself and pushing myself to do things that are good for me, without getting down on myself when they don't work out right away. 

And with that all said, cheers to another year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment