Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

CHARMING NOISE | MBV



Holy shit you guys. Please excuse the expletive, but it's necessary because not only is there a new My Bloody Valentine album, but IT'S GOOD. Many of us shoegaze fans have been waiting with bated breath for a new mbv album, with little faith in the promises of Kevin Shields. I saw them on tour in 2009, and it was fracking mind blowing. The only way I can describe how their album makes me feel, especially live, is euphoric. It's a wall of sound that washes over and, dare I say it, constantly feels on the verge of the sublime. The new album is an intense, denser experience, but picks up right where they left off almost 22 years ago. Check out some more of the tracks on their youtube page, or do yourself a favor, and buy the album off of their website

No comments:

Post a Comment